1. PROHIBITED SITE USE
The uses described in these Terms are prohibited regardless of where on the Site they occur. For example, the activities are prohibited in project posts, proposals, Homednb messages, communications with customer service or disputes, the community forum, and Client or Contractor feedback.
Examples of prohibited uses of the Site or Site Services include:
• Seeking, offering, or endorsing illegal, obscene, or pornographic services or activities, including services (i) that would violate the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of another person, entity, service, product, or website or (ii) that would involve the creation, review, or editing of pornographic, erotic, obscene, or sexually explicit material;
• Posting content that is offensive, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, illegal, pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit in nature;
• Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that would violate Homednb’s Terms of Service or the terms of service of another website or any other contractual obligations;
• Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that violate the academic policies of any educational institution;
• Fraudulently billing or attempting to fraudulently bill any Client, including by (i) falsifying or manipulating or attempting to falsify or manipulate the hours, keystrokes, or mouse clicks recorded in the Homednb.com, (ii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing clients for time that was not actually worked, or (iii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing hours worked by another person as hours worked by you in a way that is misleading or false;
• Expressing a preference in a job post or proposal or otherwise unlawfully discriminating on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military/veteran status or any basis protected by applicable law;
• Posting content that is harassing towards another person or violates the rights of a third party;
• Posting identifying information concerning another person;
• Making or demanding bribes;
• Making or demanding payments without the intention of providing or receiving services in exchange for the payment;
• Spamming other Users;
• Using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission or collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including Account names, from the Site; and
• Engaging in any conduct that is reasonably likely to or that is intended to harm the Site, including (i) imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (in our sole discretion) on the Site’s infrastructure; (ii) interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper operation of the Site or Site Services or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or any subparts of the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein; or (iv) attempting to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site.
1.2 USING THE SITE OTHER THAN FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSES
Homednb makes the Site and Services available for Clients to find one another, enter into service relationships, make and receive payments
through escrow, and receive and perform Services. Users are expected to use the Site and Services for their intended purposes and Users may not use the Site and Services in contravention of their intended purposes. The following are examples of prohibited use of the Site:
• Offering services for the sole purpose of obtaining positive feedback of any kind;
• Requesting, demanding, or receiving free services, including requesting Contractors to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Contractors submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount;
• Requesting a fee before allowing another User to submit a proposal;
• Posting the same job multiple times so that more than one version remains active at a given time;
• Withholding payment or engaging in any other conduct for the purpose of obtaining positive feedback from another User;
• Attempting to falsify, manipulate, or coerce another User by threatening to give negative feedback;
• Misusing the feedback feature to express views unrelated to the work, such as political, religious, or social commentary;
• Duplicating or sharing accounts;
• Selling, trading, or giving an account to another person without Homednb’s consent;
• Sharing or soliciting contact information such as email, phone number, or Skype ID in a profile or job post;
• Soliciting or processing payment outside of Homednb in violation of the Terms of Service;
• Advertising products or services that are outside or beyond the scope of the Homednb platform; and
• Advertising on Homednb to recruit Homednb to join an Company or another website or company.
1.3 USING THE SITE TO POST FALSE OR MISLEADING CONTENT
All profiles, jobs, proposals, and other content posted to the Site must be truthful and not misleading. Here are examples of prohibited uses:
• Misrepresenting a Contractor’s experience, skills, or information;
• Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Homednb representative, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your aﬃliation with a person or entity;
• Falsely attributing statements to any Homednb representative, forum leader, guide or host;
• Allowing another person to use your account, which is misleading to other Users;
• Falsely stating or implying a relationship with Homednb or with another company with whom you do not have a relationship;
• Falsely stating or implying a relationship with another User, including a company continuing to use a Contractor’s profile or information after the Contractor no longer works with the Company; and
• Falsely stating that one Contractor will perform the work on a job when another will in fact perform the work, including submitting a proposal on behalf of a Contractor that is unable, unwilling, or unavailable to do the work.
1.1 ILLEGAL, FRAUDULENT, HARMFUL, OR OFFENSIVE USES
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct or induce others to use, the Site or Services for any activities that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; for any other illegal, fraudulent, harmful, or offensive purpose; or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
3. REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS
If you become aware of any violation of these Terms, you must immediately report it to Customer Service. You agree to assist us with any investigation we undertake and to take any remedial steps we require in order to correct a violation of these Terms.